Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Pudding

The last time I made Skorr Cake, I found that my son had used up all my instant chocolate pudding. So I did quick Google search and found a way to make it from scratch.

The recipe I found turned out to be pretty good, especially when eaten warm, but after the pudding cooled it became a little rubbery because of the cornstarch. So I modified the recipe to use flour instead of corn starch. The result is a nice rich and creamy pudding that tastes good hot or cold.

My husband loves cooked pudding and this is a lot less expensive than the normal pudding mixes we used to buy. I think we will be eating a lot more pudding in the months to come.



Ingredients
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup flour
  • ⅓ cup cocoa
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 ½ cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  • Mix sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt in saucepan.
  • Slowly stir in milk, cook over medium heat, stir constantly until it starts to boil. Be careful the milk like to burn on the bottom of the pan.
  • Keep stirring and cook 3 minutes longer after it is boiling. Stir in vanilla. Chill (or not).

2 comments:

  1. I already have a recipe to try today... you're killing me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll make some for BookClub just for you. :0)

    ReplyDelete