Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

One of the recipes I love from my mother-in-law's house is her cinnamon bread. She would serve it for breakfast on Christmas morning or when we all got together for one of our large family gatherings. This cake reminds me of that but in much larger quantities.

I have made this for my family a few times and each times it disappeared very quickly. Once I over mixed the cinnamon topping into the cake, it still tasted good, but not as good, just a word to the wise.


Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1¼ cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • ½ cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter, softened
Directions
  • Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. 
  • Pour batter into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
  • In a large bowl, mix topping until combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon.
  •  Use a knife to marble/swirl the topping through the cake. 
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. 

1 comment:

  1. It is. You can also top it with a runny icing but I never bother so I left it out. It's marvelous just as it is especially warm.

    ReplyDelete