Fresh buns straight out of the oven! I can't think of a nicer thing to eat after a long day. You can just eat them with nothing on them, slowly picking them apart, or stuff them with a little butter and eat them as the butter is dripping out. Ack, now I want to go make some more...
Once they have cooled off they are great for serving at dinner, or just to eat with jam or honey or whatever else you want to put on them.
- ½ cups warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 cups of flour
- Place warm water, sugar (or honey), and yeast in a tall glass and let rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of flour with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- When yeast has risen (10-15 minutes) add to dough with the remaining two cups of flour.
- Let mix for five minutes. Dough should be smooth and sides of the bowl should be clean.
- Place in large bowl and let it rise to twice the size. Make sure you cover with a lid, towel, or plastic wrap.
- Roll out into buns and place on greased cookie sheet and let rise until buns are just touching each other.
- Bake at 350C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and take them off the cookie sheet. Now is your chance, grab one of them before the kids sneak up and gobble them all up!