This is something me and the kids have done a few times. I got the idea from a friends blog Raising Memories. I have tried it two different ways and I like the condensed milk version much better. It was thicker, creamier and sweeter. On both occasions though my kids loved it and wanted more. Can't you tell?
- 4 litres or 1 gallon of CLEAN fluffy snow
- evaporated milk or condensed milk
- food colouring
- Collect some fresh, fluffy snow in a 4L or one gallon ice cream pail. Don't pack it down and pour into a large bowl.
- Add evaporated milk or condensed milk, a couple of tsp. of vanilla, and sugar (If you use condensed milk you may not need the sugar. Ours was too runny and there wasn't enough snow to add more, but I would recommend it.
- Add food colouring & sprinkles! This gets rid of the awful yellowish color.
- We had a lot left over this time so it went into the freezer for the kids to enjoy later.