- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1½ teaspoons mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
Ingredients (whipped topping)
- 1 container (8 oz or 250mL) Cool Whip, thawed
- 9 drops green food coloring
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- ½ teaspoons mint extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Mix cake batter as directed on box. Separate 1 cup of batter and add 3 drops of the green food coloring and add 1½ teaspoons of the mint extract; set aside.
- Pour remaining uncolored batter into pan.
- Add green batter, creating 12 to 14 green mounds in the uncolored batter. Cut through batter with a metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan a quarter turn; repeat creating a swirled design.
- Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely, for about 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl stir the Cool Whip, ½ teaspoon of mint extract, 9 drops of green food coloring, and 5 drops of yellow food coloring together until blended.
- Once the cake is cool, cut into slices and place a dollop of whipped topping on pieces. If you want you can also drizzle with homemade chocolate fudge sauce. Serve.